Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of St. Croix
The Fellowship meets at the Jewish Community Center in Herman Hill (Route 83) the second and fourth Sundays September-May. Services and Sunday School are held at 10 AM. Refreshments and conversation follow.
Upcoming Schedule of Services
10/12 – Update – Sanitation in Ghana, Susan Kraeger
10/26 – Animal Rights , Edmund Davies
11/9 – Bless all who serve (Peace Day) , John Clendenin
11/23 – Gratitude – UU Service Committee , Gail Nealon
Many individuals, religious and non-religious, strive to lead a life of meaning and purpose. Depending on your theology/ideology/philosophy, your belief system might include numerous opportunities to get your life right in other life times. Still others believe this is the only life we are given to get it “right”. Whatever you believe we can all benefit from a “Revival of the Spirit”, a spiritual cleansing and renewal of the spirit. By spirit I am referring to the deepest part of you, the part that lets you make meaning of your world and life. It is that essence of who you are and I believe that it is made up of energy and lives on after the body temple dies or breaks down. Sometimes we refer to “spirit” as the soul.
Every opportunity we take to feed our souls and love on ourselves is time well spent. Thus, spending energy on negativity is a detriment to our well being and promotes the attraction of lower vibrations and more negativity. Did I forget to say that I believe everything is made up of molecules and energy that vibrates at different energy levels? Higher thoughts and concepts such as peace, love, compassion, justice vibrate at a higher level and lower thoughts and concepts such as hatred, envy, conflict, murder, theft and jealousy vibrate at a lower leve
Some of you have asked me from time to time what I believe as a Mystical Humanist. While this list is not comprehensive and is in no particular order it includes:
- We contract to come to earth to live and provide certain experiences. We each have unique talents and gifts to bring to the world.
- We are always in charge of the way we bring our gifts to the world and how we choose to show up in the world. However, it is difficult to experience happiness and wholeness if we refuse to share the gifts we contracted to bring.
- We can create a life on earth that reflects a heaven or hell (or some of both)!
- The way we use our time and energy will directly impact the quality of our lives and that of the world.
- If you want to know what you think look at the results of your life. No judgment here. Ignorance does not excuse us from experiencing certain consequences and laws of nature and the universe.
Ok, that is enough for now. Stay tuned next month for Part II of Reviving the Spirit.
See you in Service at UU Fellowship of St. Croix.
Be Blessed! Rev. Qiyamah